[gmx-users] How to initiate parallel run on GPU cluster

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:48:31 CEST 2016

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Venkat Reddy <venkat4bt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Mark for the quick response.
> I tried to change -np option to 4. But it seems that mdrun is using only
> one GPU in single node with four ranks. The nvidia-smi command shows
>
> |    0      7977    C   /Apps/gromacs512/bin/gmx_mpi
> 130MiB |
> |    0      7978    C   /Apps/gromacs512/bin/gmx_mpi
> 130MiB |
> |    0      7979    C   /Apps/gromacs512/bin/gmx_mpi
> 130MiB |
> |    0      7980    C   /Apps/gromacs512/bin/gmx_mpi
> 130MiB |

No command line, no log file shown nothing to comment on.

Additionally, if all four ranks you requested are on the same node
rather than split over two nodes, that likely means you're using an
incorrect job script -- definitely not a GROMACS issue. Please make
sure you can launch an MPI "Hello world" program over multiple nodes
first.