[gmx-users] desired usage of verlet-buffer-tolerance with charmm ff?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 23:25:39 CEST 2016

Hi,

Note that the reference manual section 3.4.2 talks about this in depth,
plus reports some actual drift numbers. Obviously you should feel free to
observe the drift for yourself!

Historical practice needs to be viewed with an eye also to the use of
charge groups (nobody recommends that any more, and by design the Verlet
scheme can't even do it), and constraints (e.g. SETTLE dominates the energy
drift at some point, so one can't usefully use a large buffer in that very
common case).

Mark