[gmx-users] desired usage of verlet-buffer-tolerance with charmm ff?

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Fri Apr 8 20:56:25 CEST 2016

Dear Justin, Mark, and Szilárd:

Thank you for all the help. I understand this a lot better now.

My intended usage is REMD with PLUMED in gromacs 5.1.2 to do some replica exchange of the Hamiltonian. In this usage, the exchange attempts have to occur at steps when the neigborlist is updated. Therefore I would like to avoid having mdrun changing nstlist. What I have done is to run a short simulation at the highest temperature and see what mdrun does to nstlist and rlist. I then set these explicitly in the .mdp file for REMD and set verlet-buffer-tolerance=-1.

I am happy to see that mdrun tells me what kind of kernels it uses ( "Using AVX_256 4x4 non-bonded kernels") so that I can make sure that I've got the same type of lists with a given rlist and nstlist.

Thank you,
Chris.