[gmx-users] LINCS error in MD simulation

Sarath Chandra sarathchandradantu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:10:58 CEST 2016

You should re-run your simulation writing out the xtc file more frequently
to check which part of the protein/ligand is having structural issues
(considering that your mdp and other settings are accurate). Also run a
g_energy to check if the energy terms are doing fine. LINCS is pointing out
that something bad is going around the neighborhood of atoms 2835 and 2836.
Check the trajectory file in vmd/pymol to confirm that nothing is wrong
with the structures.

As pointed out in this link
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up systemic checks
of the system, forcefield parameters, and the mdp settings will present you
with the solution of this problem.

Regards,

Sarath

--