[gmx-users] Osmotic pressure

gozde ergin gozdeeergin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:25:02 CEST 2016

Hi Justin,

I corrected the nonbonded settings as your suggestion ;

; Bond parameters
continuation         = no
constraint_algorithm = shake
constraints          = h-bonds
shake_tol            = 0.0001
cutoff-scheme = Verlet
vdwtype = cutoff
vdw-modifier = force-switch
rvdw-switch = 1.0
; Neighborsearching
ns_type     = grid
nstlist     = 5
rlist       = 1.2
rcoulomb    = 1.2
rvdw        = 1.2

However my osmotic pressure result is still far from the Luo&Roux 2010 study.
I have the same number of Na Cl ions and water molecules. I run the simulation for 15ns.
System size is the same, water model and force field are the same as Roux study.
Basically I should get the same result.
Here is the result,

Osmotic pressure for 5M : My result 217 bar
                                          Roux study ~300 bar

Any suggestions would be appreciated.