[gmx-users] Thermodynamic integration

Hannes Loeffler Hannes.Loeffler at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Apr 18 14:22:22 CEST 2016

TI/FEP are appropriate when you have "small" changes between states.
Whether you delete/create all of a molecule or just part of it doesn't
matter that much.  So a relative simulation between a glycated and
non-glycated sounds quite reasonable to me.  Of course, this will become
increasingly more difficult with increasing chain length of
carbohydrates but you could do in additional steps if necessary.  What
is important is that you draw up a proper thermodynamic cycle to ensure
that you really calculate what you want to.