[gmx-users] on md of protein-ligand

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:49:21 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM Brett <brettliu123 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>

> I still find it was difficult to understand. After the pdb2gmx, the
> coordinates in the gro file will be significantly (including the scale of
> the value) different from the input for pdb2gmx. Suppose my protein-ligand
> contains 6 identical ligands, the ATB like servers can only produce one set
> of topology and gro files for all 6 identical ligands (with 6 different
> initial pdbs).

OK, but probably the output coordinates are useless.

> Then how do we get a single gro file containing all the coordinates
> information for the 6 subunits (relatively easy for the protein part by
> pdb2gmx) and all 6 ligands (as for we can only hav 1 set of coordinates
> information containing ligand.gro for all 6 ligands)?

I still don't know what your problem is. You don't need a file in .gro
format. That just happens to be the default output format of pdb2gmx. You
need an initial configuration, in any format with your ligands placed
wherever you want them - this will require some creative use of editconf,
or some non-GROMACS structure-building tool. You will need a topology file
whose molecule ordering is the same as the configuration file, and whose
atom ordering within molecules also matches. And then you'll need to
solvate.

Mark