[gmx-users] Remove bad waters

Mehrnoosh Hazrati mehrnoosh.hazrati at modares.ac.ir
Wed Apr 20 14:01:30 CEST 2016

Thank you dear Mark.

actually when I change my gro file by text and remove those water
molecules, I got "cannot settle water molecule" error, that I didn't get
using the first gro file.
So that I thought this way may not be appropriate!
Indeed, I don't get any error with those water molecules inside the
bilayer. But I'm afraid that's not be meaningful.

Best,
Mehrnoosh

>Hi,

>This is easy to do in a text editor, because the z coordinates will stand
>out from the others. Make sure you also adjust the numbers of atoms and
>molecules accordingly. But a little bit of diffusion of water into the
>membrane can be physical (I think!) but too much suggests your model is
>broken somehow.

>Mark