[gmx-users] Calculating change in folding free energy due to mutation

Tushar Ranjan Moharana tusharranjanmoharana at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:10:32 CEST 2016

Hi Everyone,
I have a mutant (with 3 point mutation) whose Tm (melting temperature) is 6
degree C more than that of wild type protein. I think it will also have
more negative folding free energy. Can anyone kindly guide me to calculate
change in folding free energy between wild type protein and the mutant.
Here is a paper where Seifollah *et al*. have done a similar work. The work
I want to do is simpler as it doesn't involve membrane.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25427619

Thanks a lot.

"A society with free knowledge is better than a society with free food"

Tushar Ranjan Moharana
B. Tech, NIT Warangal
Ph D Student, CCMB