[gmx-users] Translational Pulling

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Apr 22 22:56:15 CEST 2016

On 4/22/16 3:51 PM, Ray Chao wrote:
> ​i, Justin,
>
> Actually I was using freeze groups together with pulling. However, the
> atoms seemed to be frozen and weren't pulled away at all. Following is my
> mdp file:
>
> freezegrps               = X  Z
> freezedim                = Y Y Y Y Y Y
>
> pull                           =  umbrella
> pull-geometry         =  distance
> pull-dim                   =  N N Y
> pull-ngroups            =  2
> pull-group1-name   =  X
> pull-group2-name   =  Z
> pull-coord1-groups =  1   2
> pull-coord1-rate       =  -0.01  ;velocity 0.01 nm/ps
>
> I also tried to used constraints pulling, but it gave an error of "The pull
> constraint reference distance for group 0 is <= 0".  What change do I need
> to make to make the group X and Z approach each other?

You can't freeze both groups and try to move one.  If you want the position of
one group fixed, then freeze it and pull the other towards it.  Freezing and
trying to impart motion are mutually exclusive.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore