[gmx-users] normalized

Lovas, Sandor SandorLovas at creighton.edu
Sat Dec 17 00:29:58 CET 2016

I have asked this question a few days back; I try one more time:

When I am trying calculate the degrees of overlap of subsets of a
simulation to the whole trajectory by following the explanation in the
manual gmx anaeig:
"When -v, -eig, -v2 and -eig2 are given, a single number for the
overlap between the covariance matrices is generated...."

For me, it does not make any difference whether or not I use the "-eig"
and "-eig2" inputs, the results for normalized overlap are the same. In
other words, the normalized overlap is not calculated by using the
equation given in the manual:

"normalized overlap = 1 - difference/sqrt(tr(M1) + tr(M2))
where M1 and M2 are the two covariance matrices and tr is the trace of
a matrix."

Sandor
--
Dr. Sandor Lovas, Professor