[gmx-users] Fwd: FW: PME settings in free energy calculations

Dries Van Rompaey dries.vanrompaey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:05:18 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm using PME with the default Potential-Shift-Verlet modifier. If I'm
interpreting the manual and comments on the mailinglist correctly, the
settings for rcoulomb-switch shouldn't affect this and PME-switching
shouldn't be necessary (although there seems to have been some discussion
about this, https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/c/2220/). Has a consensus been
reached elsewhere?

Current nonbonded settings in my .mdp files are:
; Electrostatics
coulombtype              = PME
rcoulomb                    = 1.0

; van der Waals
vdwtype                    = cutoff
vdw-modifier            = Potential-switch
rvdw-switch              = 0.9
rvdw                         = 1.0

; Apply long range dispersion corrections for Energy and Pressure
DispCorr                  = EnerPres

; Spacing for the PME/PPPM FFT grid
fourierspacing           = 0.08

; EWALD/PME/PPPM parameters