[gmx-users] Different results for same protein's simulation in 4.6.5 and 5.0.4

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 06:24:19 CET 2016

Hi Sapna,

The list doesn't allow attachments. Please put them somewhere online and
provide a link.
The differences can be large. Can't tell if you don't know the possible
range of conformations/trajectories for one Gromacs version.
Did you ensure to remove jumps from the trajectories and/or make molecules
whole, etc? That would be the only thing we'd be able to see from the RMSD
plot anyway, whether you removed jumps or not. Otherwise it does not
contain useful information (in this regard).

Cheers,

Tsjerk