[gmx-users] add parameter

Malihe Hasanzadeh ml.hasanzadeh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 17:06:52 CET 2016

Dear Justin,
Thank you for your reply. I have parameters from some manuscript and add
all of them in force field. There is two parts of dihedral types in
ffbonded.itp that one of them has func=4 and another has func=9. Also I
have two types of parameters for dihedral;* Proper* and* Improper *dihedral
that the proper types have* scale=1, 2 or 3 *and* periodicity=**1, 2
or 3. *Since
some of *Proper types* are the same with different Phase, V and Periodicity
number, so I think, I should add all of them ( proper and improper
parameters) in second part with func=9 and ignore scale number for *Proper
types*. Because when I add them in first part with func=4 gave error. I see
manual but I couldn't find where do I add them.

for example:

*Proper types*
dihedral types       scaling          phase
V(kj/mol)                    periodicity

O   C   OQ  HQ         1                   0.0                  7.9496
                     1  ;
O   C   OQ  HQ         1                180.0                  9.6232
                    2  ;

*Improper types*
dihedral types                 phase
V(kj/mol)                    periodicity

CA   CA   C  HQ             180.0                  9.6232
        2  ;

Could you please help me , where do I add the parameters of proper and
improper types in forcefield and what is the func number for them?
Thanks
Malihe