[gmx-users] DSSP secondary structure

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Feb 14 14:29:23 CET 2016

On 2/14/16 1:54 AM, mohammad r wrote:
> Thank you Justin,
>
> I used xpm2ps command with below m2p file but the resolution was not changed.
> I've attached the xpm file, even the legend can't be seen.
> is there anyway to get the result file in pdf format?
>
> m2p file (I found it in the gromacs website):
>

> xbox = 2.0 ; x‐size of a matrix element
> ybox = 2.0 ; y‐size of a matrix element

You have a rectangular matrix, with the x-dimension being much longer than the
y-dimension.  If you set these two values to be the same, what happens to the
size of the rectangle?  It gets uniformly scaled.  So naturally that
accomplishes nothing.  What you need to do is reduce the ratio of xbox/ybox.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore