[gmx-users] which source file is handling for writing distance restraint potential energy to edr file?

Yuno Lee yunolee1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 13:37:04 CET 2016

Thank you for suggestions, Mark

I solved this problem with simply changing the one line (448) in
/src/gmxlib/disre.c file (gromacs ver 4.5.4)
from            vtot += 0.5*k0*sqr(tav_viol);
to                vtot += -k0*tav_viol;

and reinstall the gromacs.

ta_disres() returns vtot variable and ifunc.c write the variable to edr file

I checked with g_energy result whether Dis. Rest. value is correct or not.

The testing result was good enough.

There isn't a single place that handles this, and you don't want to get
involved ;-) What you can do is get the forces via
ahttp://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Single-Point_Energy
using .tpr
files that do and do not have the restraints, read the two sets of forces
into some program you write, and subtract the results.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Yuno Lee, Ph.D.

*KIAS www.kias.re.kr <http://www.kias.re.kr/>*