[gmx-users] MPI and OpenMP threads

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:19:35 CET 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Alexander Alexander
<alexanderwien2k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Gromacs user,
>
> Gromacs works fine for me with the below first group of parallel
> environment and threads but it crashed with the second group complaining
> that:
>
> libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

What exactly are you using in that "parallel environment"? The error
is somewhere in there, so without some details about it it's hard to
tell. My guess is that (assuming you're using MPI) your MPI
environment is screwed up or misbehaving in some way.

BTW, you don't need MPI if you want to run on that one node with 64 cores!

--
Szilárd