[gmx-users] tip4p2005 with gromacs 4.6.5

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 17 23:48:50 CET 2016

On 2/17/16 5:41 PM, Irem Altan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use TIP4P2005 with Gromacs 4.6.5 for a protein simulation with water. I have the .itp and .gro files for the model.
> I am using a slightly modified version of the Amber forcefields, so I have a folder called amber99sb.ff in my working directory. I have added a file called tip4p2005.itp into that folder. I then tried the following:
>
> pdb2gmx -f amber99sb.ff/ -water tip4p2005.itp -o box.gro -p topol.top
>
> as well as
>
> pdb2gmx -f amber99sb.ff/ -water tip4p2005 -o box.gro -p topol.top
>
> both of which result in an error saying “invalid argument tip4p2005(.itp) for option -water”.
>
> How can I get this to work?

It must match the first field of an entry in watermodels.dat in the force field
directory.

Also note that pdb2gmx -f takes a coordinate file, not a directory name.  That
will cause a whole host of failures...

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629