[gmx-users] OpenCL compile error

Geert Konijnendijk geert at konijnendijk.info
Mon Feb 22 22:01:10 CET 2016

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, Mark and Szilárd. Unfortunately, like Szilárd suspected, the problem is also present for me in the release-5-1 branch. When I explicitly pass -cl-std=CL2.0 along with the other build options when building nbnxn_ocl_kernels.cl in AMD CodeXL, it tells me that building OpenCL 2.0 kernels is not supported (I guess this is a CodeXL problem since the APP SDK should support OpenCL 2.0). When I pass -cl-std=CL1.2 the same thing as before happens (the build succeeds for 5 devices: Capeverde, Hainan, Oland, Pitcairn and Tahiti,  but fails for the remaining 10).

Geert