[gmx-users] OpenCL compile error

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:29:44 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 9:22 PM, Geert Konijnendijk <geert at konijnendijk.info
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your replies, Mark and Szilárd. Unfortunately, like Szilárd
> suspected, the problem is also present for me in the release-5-1 branch.
> When I explicitly pass -cl-std=CL2.0 along with the other build options
> when building nbnxn_ocl_kernels.cl in AMD CodeXL, it tells me that
> building OpenCL 2.0 kernels is not supported (I guess this is a CodeXL
> problem since the APP SDK should support OpenCL 2.0). When I pass
> -cl-std=CL1.2 the same thing as before happens (the build succeeds for 5
> devices: Capeverde, Hainan, Oland, Pitcairn and Tahiti,  but fails for the
> remaining 10).

That is weird. I have ran the AMD kernels on Fiji and Hawaii, both in
CodeXL and outside - although on Linux not on Windows. Can you run the
binaries outside CodeXL?

If you are really eager to work around this, try the trick I suggested,
just put the files in you temp dir, wherever that is on Windows (and if you
happen to want to tinker with them, don't forget that those will be picked
up before the ones in the source tree - forgetting this caused me quite
some headache).

Cheers,
--
Szilárd