[gmx-users] Minimising forces for vibrational normal mode analysis

Nash, Anthony a.nash at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 29 07:12:32 CET 2016

Hi Tsjerk,

Compiled in double precision. I’ve alternated between steepest and
conjugate gradient. I am slightly confused over why the energy
minimisation reports a "Maximum force     =  3.72351263315387e-05 on atom
34” only then for integrator=nm to report "Maximum force: 6.02183e+02”,
which will presumably return in an imaginary frequency (I haven’t tried -
yet even if it didn’t I would be suspicious given the earlier warning).

Thanks
Anthony

Dr Anthony Nash
Department of Chemistry