[gmx-users] binding free energy

Alexander Alexander alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:10:36 CEST 2016

Hello Billy,

Thanks for your response.

Please confirm me that with bonded(complex), you mean the geometry of
"amino acid+solidsurface+ water" that I should harvest in advance by normal
MD simulation in which amino acid has been absorbed into the surface. and
then this geometry should be used as the initial structure for each lambda
in order to do FEP.

Also, what do you mean please by the free (unbound)? If it is a geometry of
again "amino acid+solidsurface+ water" in which amino acid has been
solvated in water far away from the solid surface? or just an amino acid
solvated in a box of water without solid surface (amino acid + water).

Good to know that this strategy is the one mentioned in below paper (Figure
1):
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/ct400487e

Here is the free energy parameter I am using in my calculation would you
please comment on it, or let me know if I should consider any other
parameter changes like mass-restrain-tempetatre-lambda?

free-energy                  = yes
init-lambda-state         = MYLAMBDA       ;;;from (i=0;i<15;i++)
calc-lambda-neighbors    = -1
vdw-lambdas               = 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.10 0.20 0.30 0.40
0.50 0.60 0.70 0.80 0.90 1.00
coul-lambdas               = 0.00 0.25 0.50 0.75 1.00 1.00 1.00 1.00 1.00
1.00 1.00 1.00 1.00 1.00 1.00
couple-moltype            = Protein_chain_A
couple-lambda0          = vdw-q
couple-lambda1          = none
couple-intramol           = no
nstdhdl                          = 50