[gmx-users] number of water molecule

Alexander Alexander alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 00:37:43 CEST 2016

Hi,

Sure, but choosing oxygen atom also give the TOTAL number of O atom in the
whole BOX which is not what I want but I want the number of O atom which
are closer than 0.5 nm to the surface.
I also tried your another suggestion below(I hope right usage), but nothing
new, again total number of Oxygen in the box.

gmx select 'water O atom with z < 0.5 + Other_z_value' -f prd.gro -s
prd.tpr -n in.ndx -os size.xvg

Even reducing the 0.5 to 0.00005 also give the same number of Oxygen.

Cheers,
Alex