[gmx-users] Error in .rtp Entery

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jul 20 14:41:38 CEST 2016

On 7/20/16 8:12 AM, Sanjay Singh wrote:
> I encountered a problem when I using pdb2gmx to convert a pdb file
> into gro and top file.
>
> The system give me a fatal error message as following:Residue 37 named
> VAL of a molecule in the input file was mapped
>
> to an entry in the topology database, but the atom CG1 used in
>
> that entry is not found in the input file. Perhaps your atom
> and/or residue naming needs to be fixed,while the position of VAL is 36
> (52) in 1CF7.pdb file

pdb2gmx uses its own internal numbering.  But you have an incomplete valine
somewhere.  Check the header of the PDB file for "MISSING" lines, which should
always be the first step wen preparing a system.  Address any missing atoms or
residues, and then try pdb2gmx again.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629