[gmx-users] Domain decomposition

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 17:51:21 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 2:18 PM Alexander Alexander <
alexanderwien2k at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your response.
> I do not know which two atoms has bonded interaction comparable with the
> cell size, however, based on this line in log file "two-body bonded
> interactions: 3.196 nm, LJC Pairs NB, atoms 24 28", I though the 24 and 28
> are the couple whom their coordination are as below:

Indeed, that's why that line is reported.

1ARG   HH22   24   0.946   1.497   4.341
> 2CL      CL       28   1.903   0.147   0.492
>
> Indeed their geometrical distance is too big but it is normal I think.

You've described your box as "3.53633,   4.17674,   4.99285" so it looks
like a displacement of 3.196 is in danger of exceeding the internal radius
of the box (I can't reproduce 3.196 nm, however, so something is amiss; I
had been guessing that mdrun was using an inappropriate periodic image,
which you could perhaps fix by better pre-conditioning your grompp inputs
with trjconv), but also perhaps food for thought for some different
topology / setup.