[gmx-users] Very high energies after energy minimization

Deep Bhattacharya hypergenetics at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 21:45:09 CEST 2016

Hello Evan,

I am using the SPC solvent model.
#ifdef POSRES_WATER
; Position restraint for each water oxygen
[ position_restraints ]
;  i funct       fcx        fcy        fcz
   1    1       1000       1000       1000
#endif

Posre.itp from pdb2gmx for the protein
; In this topology include file, you will find position restraint
; entries for all the heavy atoms in your original pdb file.
; This means that all the protons which were added by pdb2gmx are
; not restrained.

[ position_restraints ]
; atom  type      fx      fy      fz
     1     1  1000  1000  1000
     5     1  1000  1000  1000
     6     1  1000  1000  1000
     7     1  1000  1000  1000
     8     1  1000  1000  1000
     9     1  1000  1000  1000
    10     1  1000  1000  1000
Cut out the initial part, remains constant throughout the same.

Please suggest what changes can I do.

Sincerely,
Deep Bhattacharya

Deep Bhattacharya.