[gmx-users] Clarity on TI free energy terms

Nash, Anthony a.nash at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 14:06:22 CEST 2016

Hi Hannes,

Thanks for the reply. At the moment for a change in single amino acid in a
triplet (a pair of triplets, showing forward and reverse change) I am
settling with:

vdw_lambdas              = 0.00 0.05 0.10 0.15 0.20 0.25 0.30 0.35 0.40
0.45 0.50 0.55 0.60 0.65 0.70 0.75 0.80 0.85 0.90 0.95 1.00
mass_lambdas = 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
fep_lambdas =  0.0 0.1 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.3 0.3 0.4 0.4 0.5 0.5 0.6 0.6 0.7 0.7
0.8 0.8 0.9 0.9 1.0 1.0

free_energy              = yes
init_lambda_state        = 0
delta_lambda             = 0
calc_lambda_neighbors    = 1        ; only immediate neighboring windows

; Options for the decoupling
sc-alpha                 = 0.5
sc-coul                  = yes
sc-power                 = 1.0
sc-sigma                 = 0.3
couple-moltype           = protein
couple-lambda0           = vdw-q
couple-lambda1           = vdw-q
couple-intramol          = no
nstdhdl                  = 10

The  mass will be conserved (it is a full cycle in one system). Everything
else scales with feb_lambdas apart from vdw which will (I am guessing)
require more sampling. This is my first attempt, I don't expect to get a
true understanding of it yet :-)

Thanks again
Anthony

On 01/06/2016 12:43, "gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se on