[gmx-users] force filed parameters for phosphoserine with gromaces

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jun 2 23:50:59 CEST 2016

On 6/2/16 10:55 AM, YanhuaOuyang wrote:
> Dear Gromacs users,
>
> I am going to run a MD of a 20-residue protein which is phosphorylated on the
> Serine and Threonine residues with AMBER ff99SB-ILDN force field using
> Gromacs5.0. When I run gmx pdb2gmx and choose AMBER ff99SB-ILDN force field,
> it appears: fatal error: residues SEP not found in residue topology
> database.
>
> I search some papers, and they say that we need to add add force fields
> parameters for the phosphorylated amino acids to the force filed parameter
> files. But I do not know how to add force fields parameters for the
> phosphorylated amino acids. Could anyone knows how to construct a model for
> the phosphorylated protein?

AMBER parameters are already available:

http://sites.pharmacy.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber

You just need to convert the format and build suitable .rtp entries.  Or find a
force field that already has this done for you (CHARMM36, Gromos96 43a1p, etc).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore