[gmx-users] PCA problems

ingram ingram at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Jun 9 11:23:56 CEST 2016

Still no luck

When I tried

gmx trjconv -f md_golp_vacuo.trr -o trajectory.gro -pbc nojump  I get a
very strange trajectory and covar does not work with this

I have also tried

gmx trjconv -f md_golp_vacuo.trr -o trajectory.gro -fix transxy -pbc
mol -s topol.tpr to generate a continuous trajectory

followed by
gmx covar -s trajectory.gro  -f md_golp_vacuo.xtc

And still the problem remains

I also tried with -s topol.tpr and the same problem remains.

I get a similar problem with a free peptide with no periodic boundary
conditions. It is not broken up but residues change size throughout the
trajectory and vmd draws bonds in very odd places

So I believe I have tried to remove the effects of pbc and with a
single reference file ffor fitting and still no luck. Can anybody
explain to me (very simply and how gromacs implements) covar and anaeig?
Potential problems and what I might try next.

Thanks for your time Grommunity

Teresa