[gmx-users] simulation with new force field

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Jun 9 13:27:05 CEST 2016

On 09/06/16 11:23, Chen Jingzhi wrote:
> Hi GMX user,
>

> If I want to do a simulation with a force field that does not exist in gromacs, such as computing electrostatic interaction in Debye-Huckel form and treating hydrophobic interaction with empirical function, is it possible to do with gromacs?
>

> BW
>
> Jingzhi

I don't want to discourage you from trying, but the main selling points
of gromacs are speed, force field support and analysis tools. By
implementing what you are proposing the first two advantages disappear
and you may be better off using a different code.

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.