[gmx-users] Distance restraint and pull code

HongTham hongtham0709 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 03:45:13 CEST 2016

hi,
I included this bond assignment right after [bonds] in the topology.
[ bonds ]
;   i     j  func       b0      kb
 1354  3852      6      0.21    4000
 1390  3852      6      0.21    4000
 1721  3852      6      0.21    4000
 1520  3852      6      0.40    4000

It seems the type 6 works now, 3/4 pairs are restrainted, 1 is not (the
first pair: 1354  3852      6      0.21    4000). This pair keeps
fluatuating around ~3.5 A.
To keep it, I increase the kb of first pair from 4000 to 6000, then the
result is better than the old one.
Both simulations are added harmonic potential, same b0 and kb value, but
pull code works more effectively than distance restraint.
What do you think about this?
I think the reason is the pull code just applies pull force to the an atom,
to keep the restrainted distance with the other. Differently, the force is
applied to both atoms in [bonds].
Anw, thanks for your help so much. :D
HT