[gmx-users] minor edits to a .gro file

Nash, Anthony a.nash at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 10 12:12:27 CEST 2016

Hi Mark,

I had considered (and I still am) defining a distance constraint between
the lysine-N and arginine-N-N on their sidechains, which defines the
points where the morphing into a bond formation would be.

I am essentially trying to morph back and forth into this structure:
http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.26333276.html?rid=8d8a4955-7ce
4-43db-b30f-12b8b6cc2f64

Yet, I wondered whether the charges on the lysine and arginine would cause
a bias to the result as I would be holding them very close. Still thinking
about this one, I am going back to umbrella sampling for a while.

Cheers
Anthony

Dr Anthony Nash
Department of Chemistry