[gmx-users] installation of gromacs as parallel in a system without access to root

Atila Petrosian atila.petrosian at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 08:32:33 CEST 2016

Dear Gromacs users,

I want to install gromacs as parallel in a system
without access to root, in a place other than /usr/local.

My system is Rocks 6.2 with 3.4.1 version of cmake.

I created a directory (installation) to install
gromacs there and I used following commands:

tar xvzf fftw-3.3.4.tar.gz
tar xvzf gromacs-5.1.1.tar.gz

export SOFT=$HOME/installation
export CPPFLAGS="-I$SOFT/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L$SOFT/lib"
export PATH="$PATH":$SOFT/bin

cd ../fftw-3.3.4
cmake
make install

cd ../cmake-3.2.2.
./configure --prefix=$SOFT --enable-float
make
make install

cd ../gromacs-5.1.1
mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON -DREGRESSIONTEST_DOWNLOAD=ON -DGMX_MPI=ON
make
make check
make install

After using " make install ", because I don't access to root, I can't
continue installation.

Please guide me to resolve this problem.