[gmx-users] Non-neutral system with iron-sulfur clusters

Marlon Sidore marlon.sidore at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:37:27 CEST 2016

I checked everything and even by adding the numbers on the paper and the
cystein charges from amber03 (the FF they used in the paper) the resulting
charge isn't an integer.

The paper has charges for the Fe (4x), the S (4x) from the cluster, the S
from the CYS bound to it and the CB bound to the previous S in CYS. Simply
adding them and the other atoms from CYS (4x in case of the CYS atoms)
doesn't yield an integer. I didn't count S and CB twice either.

The resulting charge from the whole 4CYS-4Fe-4S is -1.233684.

Marlon Sidore

PhD Student
Laboratoire d'Ingénierie des Systèmes Macromoléculaire (LISM)
CNRS - UMR7255
31, Chemin Joseph Aiguier
13402 cedex 20 Marseille
France