[gmx-users] Simple gas-phase minimization help

Tarick E telbaba1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:46:45 CEST 2016

Thanks for the help!

I am following the Lysozyme tutorial except I am not solvating with water
or balancing the charge with counter ions. When generating my .tpr with
grompp, I am receiving the error:

ERROR 1 [file minim_nick_edit1.mdp]:
  With Verlet lists only full pbc or pbc=xy with walls is supported

I have removed periodic boundary conditions. See my mdp below for a simple
minimization:

title           = Energy Minimization   ; Title of run

; The following line tell the program the standard locations where to find
certain files
cpp             = /lib/cpp      ; Preprocessor

; Define can be used to control processes
define          = -DFLEXIBLE

; Parameters describing what to do, when to stop and what to save
integrator      = cg            ; Algorithm (cg = conjugate gradient, steep
= steepest descent minimization)
emtol           = 10.0          ; Stop minimization when the maximum force
< 1.0 kJ/mol
nstcgsteep      = 10                    ; ; Frequency of steepest descents
steps when doing CG
nsteps          = 5000          ; Maximum number of (minimization) steps to
perform
nstenergy       = 1             ; Write energies to disk every nstenergy
steps
energygrps      = System        ; Which energy group(s) to write to disk

; Parameters describing how to find the neighbors of each atom and how to
calculate the interactions
nstlist         = 0             ; Frequency to update the neighbor list
ns_type         = simple        ; Method to determine neighbor list
(simple, grid)
rlist           = 0
coulombtype     = cut-off ; Treatment of long range electrostatic
interactions
epsilon_rf      = 78
rcoulomb        = 0             ; long range electrostatic cut-off
rvdw            = 0             ; long range Van der Waals cut-off
constraints     = none          ; Bond types to replace by constraints
pbc             = no            ; Periodic Boundary Conditions (yes/no)