[gmx-users] Basic Understanding about Gromacs C library

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Thu Jun 16 20:41:52 CEST 2016

Writing your own analysis tool in template.c might not be the best solution either. You have to worry about things like pbc breaking and you in many cases need to write routines that already exist elsewhere. I suggest looking into standalone analysis kits such as http://loos.sourceforge.net/ or http://www.mdanalysis.org/ (I am sure there are others too). While you can write your own core analyses in these tools using python or in some cases C, the libraries to do the transformations you want are generally available already.

As to your exact question, I presume the header is written by the function CopyRight() .. you're asking about the part of the output that starts ":-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:", right?

I'm not sure how to stop the program for asking for input, I but I presume you could set it inside the program and then pipe some nonsense in at runtime to make the selections and it should work for now until somebody else responds as long as you set the value after the input is read (and exit statement spamming throughout your program can helpyou to figure out what function is responsible).

Chris.