[gmx-users] SOLVED: Re: helixorient, jacobi iteration or junk output...?

Phil Dude phildude at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 18 14:38:25 CEST 2016

Hi Tsjerk,

I tried a number of things, including producing a reduced .xtc (which
just the atoms in ), and the match .tpr. I tried fitting too. Nothing
seemed to work, and strangely, it seemed that it failed on multi frame.
When I gave it junk (not C-alpha's just normal group), it happily
produced loads of output, before terminating.

So what worked was writing a .pdb with *just* the C-alphas and the
matching .tpr file, and then when asked for index group you can give "0
0" and I get output.

I suspect, there's something subtle here...

On my second point, the .xvg files don't work in xmgrace, or any other
tool. It seems to be written as "$frame 0 <Num-Calpha-atoms data>" with
one frame per line. I think that's going to be a 3D plot, so perhaps
needs another tool...?

P.