[gmx-users] Basic Understanding about Gromacs C library

Murilo Kramar mkramar at u.rochester.edu
Mon Jun 20 19:21:37 CEST 2016

Thanks for your answers and sorry for not describing my problem.

So, basically my problem is based on selections and some linear algebra
calculation. First of all I select a specific type of atoms and after that
I select a different group and calculate the angle of these atoms in
respect of a fixed point and other geometric properties.

If I'm correct I should use the '-selection' property by modifying this
struct (as in the second selection):

const char *mySel[] = {"name C"};

t_pargs pa[] = {

{"-cutoff", FALSE, etREAL, {&cutoff},

"Cutoff for distance calculation (0 = no cutoff)"},

{"-select", FALSE, etSTR, {mySel},

"Trying to do some selection"},

};

What I don't get is whether this selection is going to be passed to the
analyze_frame or not. Because if it does, then I need to do a further
selection that relies on the first one and I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks again,

Murilo.