[gmx-users] Insufficient memory (128 GB) for ensemble entropy calculation with gmx covar/gmx anaeig

Billy Williams-Noonan billy.williams-noonan at monash.edu
Tue Jun 21 08:54:23 CEST 2016

Thanks for your reply, I think this is helping.

   Using your equation above I would need about 82TB for 1000 frames...   I
somehow feel that this would be inaccessible for any calculation using just
one node, which is a requirement for g_covar.
I could reduce the frames but I think I would wind up sub-sampling my
system.

   I am selecting the entire system twice in gmx covar to get the entropy
of the system in gmx anaeig (as shown in the command on the original
post).  Are you saying I should just select the protein, ligand and complex
for each ensemble?

Billy