[gmx-users] Does gmx covar/gmx anaeig give <dS> or T<dS> for ligand binding?

Billy Williams-Noonan billy.williams-noonan at monash.edu
Wed Jun 22 08:22:40 CEST 2016

Yes, still with two ligands...  So I assume that <dS> should be halved to
about -0.25 kJ/mol K, which would give T<dS>= -75.

I found out recently that we have access to a node with 1TB of RAM.

So the solvent is still relevant?  If the amount of memory I need for the
entropy calculation is given by *( 3*N )^2 * 4 *where N is the number of
atoms, I should be able to calculate the entropy of systems (including
solvent) on that node.  If I have to multiply by the number of frames then
I can't.

Is the formula above correct?  Because according to it, with about 50,000
atoms in my system, I would need 90 GB of RAM, which is odd, because GMX
covar crashed when I used a node with 128GB RAM and one core.

Billy