[gmx-users] Radial Distribution Function - is there symmetry?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 23:14:14 CEST 2016

Hi,

In general it won't be. Take a  pure NaCL cubic crystal - G(r)_NaCl is the
same as G(r)_ClNa by symmetry. Now take an identical crystal with any
single Cl replaced by Br (or half of them, or whatever) and assume all the
lattice dimensions remain the same. G(r)_ClNa is the same as before, but
G_(r)_NaCl cannot be the same as before. Or try it on your favourite
simulation trajectory :-)

Mark