[gmx-users] How does gromacs checkpoint works

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 09:23:33 CEST 2016

Hi,

There's only the code. All you have to do is write down everything that you
were going to need to read to do the next step (unless it's from the .tpr).
Add some checksums of the last pieces of output files, so you can help the
user not mangle their files upon restart. Decide how you're going to
coordinate all your ranks/cores choosing to checkpoint at the same time.
Pick a portable file format.

Mark