[gmx-users] Open-closed transition in a dimeric enzyme, WTM simulations

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 07:34:41 CEST 2016

Dear Erik,
Thanks for the comment. In my case, the closed state of the enzyme is not
known (no crystal structure). What do you suggest to check for a better
collective variable?
I use two CVs with the information of
1. COM-COM distance between the flexible loop and a core part of the one
subunit
2. local contacts (CMAP description in plumed)

In the simulation trajectories, I see the open-closed transitions several
times. Thus, It is showing the event I am searching for. But I am still
waiting for the converged FES for the same. Currently, I am trying with a
different set of parameters (sigma, hills height).

Regards,
Tarak