[gmx-users] GPU acceleration

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jun 27 14:52:38 CEST 2016

On 6/27/16 8:49 AM, יוכבד wrote:
> Hi
> I've recently installed GROMACS 5.1.2.
> I ran the benchmarks files of rnase (rnase_dodec_vsites) on my machine
> using 4GPUs and 32 CPU and I got the performances of ~330ns/day
>
> Now I'm tring to run my system but I don't see any acceleration (a 500ps
> nvt equilibration takes close to 2hr (6.7ns/day)- This was using 4 GPUs and
> 15 CPUs.
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> attached is my mdp file and the command used was

The list does not accept attachments.  The .log files are the most informative
as the end contains a full performance breakdown; if you wish to share them,
upload them to a file sharing service and provide a URL.

The actual performance depends largely on the content/size of the system.
Perhaps you have a bottleneck due to the size of the system such that you cannot
efficiently utilize all 4 GPU and 15 CPUs (an odd combination, anyway)
simultaneously.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629