[gmx-users] Number of H bonds formed between ligand and amino acid residues

Erik Marklund erik.marklund at chem.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 28 10:25:58 CEST 2016

Hi Amali,

gmx hbond identifies typical acceptor and donor groups by default. In fact, analysing non-standard donors/acceptors is a bit underdeveloped. What the program basically does, if memory serves me right, is to identify N and O with H bound to them, or optionally without H in case of acceptors. If you wish to analyse the hbonds separated by residue number you may wan to either run vmx bond multiple times with one group being a single residue and the other the ligand, or you can run it once with the -hbm and -hbn options and extract the information from the resulting matrix.

Kind regards,
Erik