[gmx-users] (no subject)

gangotri dey holyriver6 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 20:10:28 CEST 2017

Dear Alex and Mark,

Thank you for your kind reply.

To begin with I am a Postdoc but with expertise is in DFT. It is my first
venture into force field MD calculations. Hence, I am struggling. My group
and the boss has similar expertise. So we have turned to public forums to
ask questions.

My system is a brick floating in the water as you have correctly
identified.
My system is a periodic MnO2 surface. It has triclinic crystal system. I
want it to be solvated in all 3 directions but within the boundary of the
unit cell. This means that I do not want any water molecule between the
surface and its continuous periodic image. I want the water to be maximum
in the z-direction. I am using the 5.0.4 version. I tried gmx_mpi
insert_molecule and then -nmol and -ip option. But this still generates a
structure with water molecules beyond the desired x and y plane. I am not
sure how can I get this done as desired.

If the question and the problem are not very clear, please let me know. I
will try to reframe my words.

Looking forward to a healthy discussion.

Thank you
G.

*Thank you*

*Gangotri Dey*
Postdoctoral Associate
Rutgers University New Brunswick
Chemistry and Chemical Biology
174 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854
Phone: +16092162254