[gmx-users] The sum of the two largest charge group radii (32.555389) is larger than rlist

Aram Davtyan davtyan.aram at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 15:37:33 CET 2017

Hello,

I am trying to switch my simulations from using Verlet cutoff scheme to
Group. To do this I replace "cutoff-scheme = Verlet" with "cutoff-scheme =
Group" and "rlist = 1.2" with "rlist = 1.4". As a result GROMACS gives me
the following warning when I try to generate the tpr file with grompp, that
halts the execution.

WARNING 1 [file md_energygrp-table_group.mdp]:
  The sum of the two largest charge group radii (32.555389) is larger than
  rlist (1.400000)

Does anyone know what this means and how to deal with it?
I am running a protein system with water and ions.

Thank you in advance,

Aram