[gmx-users] How to calculate the angle between the bilayer normal and the P?N vector?

Ezequiel Frigini eze.bass at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:31:47 CET 2017

Hi Justin, thanks for answering my question!

But I think those two packages do not serve me. Because "g_sgangle"
calculates the angle only for a group of 2 or 3 atoms. I have 120 phosphors
and 120 nitrogen. Therefore, I have 120 PN vectors. The other package,
g_angle, requires 3 atoms to calculate the angle.

I need to calculate the angle that the 120 PN vectors make with respect to
the normal one of the lipid bilayer.

If I'm wrong I could correct myself!

Thank you again!

Ezequiel Nazareno Frigini
Lic. en Biología Molecular
Grupo de Bioinformática Estructural
bios.unsl.edu.ar

Instituto de Matemática Aplicada San Luis, IMASL.
Universidad Nacional de San Luis - CONICET.
Calle Ejercito de Los Andes 950
D5700HHW San Luis. Argentina.

Tel: +54 266 4520300 int. 3046