[gmx-users] The spacing of the decimal points in file is not consistent

Karchevskaya, Anastasia anastasia.karchevskaya.14 at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 20:00:06 CET 2017

Dear GMX users,

I have already checked the archive but the solution provided didn’t work for me. I am trying to simulate the membrane assembly/rafts/behaviour using gromacs and martini force field. So, using Martini and their tool called insane, I could assemble a complex membrane with the different lipids proportions:

Now I am trying to create a box and assemble a piece of experimental membrane. If I understand it right this must be done either with gmx solvate or gmx insert-molecules. But when I run either of those I get (same for solvate):

Program:     gmx insert-molecules, version 2016.2
Source file: src/gromacs/fileio/groio.cpp (line 165)

Fatal error:
The spacing of the decimal points in file memTestInsane.gro is not consistent for
x, y and z

Program:     gmx solvate, version 2016.2
Source file: src/gromacs/fileio/groio.cpp (line 165)

Fatal error:
The spacing of the decimal points in file memTestInsane.gro is not consistent for
x, y and z

How can I fix that? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Ana