[gmx-users] Catenation and sampling

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 08:09:58 CET 2017

Hi,

You can't concatenate trajectories and expect them to behave as if they
were continuous. Apparently three of your simulations show similar
behaviour and two different, perhaps explained by a transition in your
equilibration run after 2 ns.

In the limit of ergodic sampling, your protocol for five runs would be
fine, but by starting them all from similar systems, you build in a
starting similarity that you now have to correct for. That period of
similarity is hard to measure, but will be lower if you generate different
velocities before five separate equilibrations.

Mark